Document Type : Original Article
Department of Guidance and Counselling of Islamic Azad University, Ashkezar Branch, Yazd, Iran
Department of psychology and Councelling, Islamic Azad University, Ashkezar Branch, Yazd, Iran
Department of Educational Psychology of Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran
Department of Clinical Psychology of Islamic Azad University, Boine Zahra Branch, Tehran, Iran
M.A. Student of Family Counselling, Islamic Azad University, Ashkezar Branch, Yazd, Iran
The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of cognitive-behavioral training based on self-esteem on social adjustment and educational achievement motivation of first-grade high school female students in Ashkezar. The design of this experimental study was pretest-posttest with control group. The participants included 30 high school female students in Ashkezar selected via cluster random sampling method who were divided randomly into two groups (experimental and control). The instruments used in this study were Bel (1961) Social Adjustment Scale and Academic Motivation Scale (AMS). Cognitive-behavioral training based on self-esteem included 8 sessions for the experimental group. MANCOVA was used to analyze the data. The result of this study showed that Cognitive-Behavioral Training Based on Self-Esteem increases social adjustment and achievement motivation of high school students in the experimental group in comparison with the control Group (p<0/05). So, the result of this study indicated that cognitive-behavioral training based on self-esteem is an important intervention to increase social development and psychological health of students.
- Abbasi, M., Iraji, A., Khazan, K., & Azimi, D. (2017). Effectiveness of cognitive – behavioral on academic enthusiasm of students under the supervision of the state welfare organization. Armaghane-danesh, Yasuj University of Original Article Medical Sciences Journal (YUMSJ), 22 (2), 221- 241.
- Abolghasemi, A., Baigi, P., & Narimani , M. (2012). Comparison the efficacy of trainings of cognitive-behavior and emotion regulation skills on self-efficacy and academic adjustment of students with test anxiety. Educational Psychology, 22(7), 21 – 42.
- Amirian, K., & Sharifi, M. (2011). The effectiveness of Life Skills Training Promoting awareness of drug addiction prevention. Twentieth Congress of Psychiatric.
- Grali, E., Poor Sharie, T., & Ghasemi, K. (2015). The effectiveness of cognitive behavioral therapy on social adjustment and psychological well-being of students with high test anxiety. Fifth international Management Conference, Economics and Humanities.
- Hundt, N. E., Mignogna, J., Underhill, C., & Cully, J. A. (2012). The relationship between use of CBT skills and depression treatment outcome: A theoretical and methodological review of the literature. Behavior Therapy,44, 12-26.
- Julia, M., & Veni, B. (2012). An analysis of the factors affecting students’ adjustment at a university in Zimbabwe. International Education Studies, 5 (6), 244-250.
- Karami, S., & Jafari, M. (2009). The study of cognitive – behavior training effectiveness on decreasing depressive symptoms in community therapy center resident addicts, 2 (8), 55-68.
- Khoda Rahmi, S., Alavi, M., & Ezati, S. (2016). Comparison of social compatibility of male and female students of Payame Noor University of Dareshir city. Sociological Studies Of Youth, 6(20), 89 – 108. https://wrc.ir/?action=Scholar.View&Group=1&ID=22791
- Knaus,W. (2010). End procrastination now. New York: McGraw Hill Professional.
- Mohammadi, E., Ghasemi, M. A., Jafari, M. R., & Rashidi Rad, M. (2014). Evaluation the relation between self-esteem and social adjustment dimensions in high school female students of Iran (Case Study: Isfahan, 2013-14 Academic Years), International Journal of Academic Research in Psychology, 1 (2),42-48.
- Mostagimi, M., & Shafi Abadi, L. (2012). The effectiveness of communication skills training on girls self-esteem of 13 to 15 years old. Journal of Psychological Models and Methods, 2(9), 17 – 30.
- Mostalemi, F. (2002). The effectiveness of social skills training on increase confidence in Tehran’s blind girls. Master’s thesis for guidance and counseling. AL – Zahra University.
- Pakdaman Savoji, A., Ganji, K., & Ahmadzadeh, M. (2013). The effect of life skills training (LST) on achievement motivation and academic achievement of students. Social Welfare, 12 (47), 245-265.
- Sobhi, N., & Rajabi, L. (2010). Effectiveness of life skills training on mental health and self-esteem. Journal of Social Sciences and Behavioral, 5(2), 182 – 188.
- Tozandeh, H., Sedighi, K., Nejad, H., & Kamalpoor, N. (2007). Effectiveness of behavioral - cognitive training based on self-esteem on social adjustment of students. Knowledge and Research in Educational Sciences, 16, 41 – 56.
- Vindi, D., Scott, M., & Stradling, S. (2007). Counseling of cognitive – behavioral. Translated by Khodayari. Tehran: Tehran University Press.
- Yarmohammadian, A., & Sharafi Rad, H. (2011). Analysis of relationship between emotional intelligence and social adjustment in teenager male students. Journal of Applied Sociology, 22(4), 35 – 50.
- Zupančič, M., & Tina Kavčič, T. (2011). Factors of social adjustment to school: Child’s personality, family and pre-school. Journal Early Child Development and Care, 181(4), 493-504.